Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

OH DEER!


I had this plan one day two or three weeks ago (yes, I am THAT behind in updating my blog) to make deer roast. So I put my deer in the crockpot with onion, salt and pepper, and water and let it cook all day. I ended up working late....so I did not get the potatoes and carrots in the crockpot in time to be done for dinner. What's a girl to do? Throw something together completely last minute! I chopped up the deer (which was falling apart and needed very little chopping), cooked some brown rice (uncle ben's bagged rice is fab for this) mixed with a 2 tbsp butter, made some peppered sawmill gravy and mixed all together for a casserole style dinner, served with garlic bread. For a throw together meal, it wasn't bad at all and may be something I try again with different variations(such as adding sauteed onion and broccoli florets, so I felt it worth a brief mention on the blog.

No comments: