Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

Post-Thanksgiving Menu

The Thanksgiving food orgy is over. I actually didn’t do too bad. I never got too full, I kept my portions small, but I did major damage to leftover Mac and Cheese and Apple Pie. So needless to say, no matter what, I did damage to my waistline to the tune of 2-3 pounds. (The daily Starbucks didn’t help that any I’m sure) ::sigh::

Over the weekend my mother-in-law purchases some older cook books from a used book store that had some interesting recipes in them. They are on the lighter side or as they claim “Light Comfort Foods.”

So this week, before the Christmas baking begins, I’m going to try and do some cheap light dinners to not only make up for the waist line expansion but the reduction in the wallet from Black Friday shopping.

Creamy Broccoli, Chicken and Rice Casserole

Beef & Pasta Stew

Soft Tacos

Black Pepper Fettuccine with Grilled Chicken Salad

No comments: