Pages

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Easy Pot Pie

This is one of my favorite recipes that I have come up with. I will often get the desire for something and am too lazy to look up a recipe or I just do not like the ones I find. Inventiveness is the key to my cooking (and occasionally my downfall as well.) The key to the Pot Pie Recipe is my Pampered Chef Deep Dish Baker (a Christmas Gift by a good friend....THANKS TONYA!) that I adore!
Chicken/Turkey Pot Pie
Ingredients:
2 cups cubed chicken or turkey (this is great to use leftovers)
2 Pillsbury Roll Out Pie Crusts
2 cans of gravy (cream soup would work as well)
2 stalks celery (cleaned and finely slivered)
2 medium-large Carrots (cleaned and finely coined)
2-3 small-medium potatoes (cleaned partly skinned, cubed and boiled)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
One small onion (finely chopped)
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp rosemary
1/4 tsp thyme
1 egg
1 tbs butter

Directions: Roll one pie crust (room temperature) into baking pan. Preheat oven to Box's directions. Whisk egg in small bowl with a splash of water and a dash of salt-set aside. Melt One tbs butter in pan, add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes on medium heat. Add salt, pepper, basil, rosemary, thyme and continue to saute for another minute or two. Add in celery and carrots and continue to stir for a few minutes more. Add meat and potatoes continuing to stir until heated through. Pour contents into prepared dish. Pour both cans of gravy over top mixture and toss around gently with fork (do not disturb pie crust). Roll second crust over top of the mixture and pinch sides of bottom crust and top crust to close. Cute a cross/X into the top and brush egg wash over top. Bake for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

No comments: