Pages

Monday, February 2, 2009

Catalog-Check

I have been panicked. I could not find my seed catalog that I lovingly poured through all winter picking out seeds. I FOUND IT! YAY!

Mission: Order seeds tommorrow. (This really should have been done in January but I still have about two weeks before most things have to be started).

Steve finished building my Planting table (Sturdy wooden support base, Corian Counter tops, 8 feet long with storage underneath, shelves to one side, and garden tool rack on the other). I now have my own garden area in the basement that is dry and climate control for doing the things I need no matter the weather. The only thing left? Hanging up the flourescent light for my growing seeds (which I haven't ordered yet).

Next weekend: weather permitting, will be prepping the garden beds. Parental units are tentavely planning to bring down the bobcat (please god, fingers crossed) to quickly and efficeintly move manure from barn area to garden beds and dispurse the last of the dirt pile into them. This would be a huge time saver for us and desperately needs to be done.

I'm so excited.

Tips: If you haven't trimmed bushes, trees, hedges etc., this is your last chance to do so. Best time is fall, but should be done before the end of January. If its not done by Valentines Day, I wouldn't bother.
If you are going to start seeds or direct seed, you need to order your seeds within the next week or two as well in order to get them in time.
I can not stress enough to PLAN PLAN PLAN. (and stick to the time frame).

No comments: