Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Chocolate Fudge Pie

There is a war in my family over Chocolate Pie. My father and uncle have long fought over the chocolate pies at family dinners. One of the instances involved spitting and fingers. I believe it was my father (the younger brother ofcourse) who grabbed the pie off the table and took off with it. My uncle gave pursuit, grabbed it and stuck his finger in the center thinking that would prevent anyone else from wanting any. My father, never to be outdone, spit on it. He got the pie.

Please don't mistake that my family are trashy rednecks without manners (okay, they really kinda are), but they are extremely competitive and full of pranks in their hay day. Neither of these characters are up to the challenge of running much less chasing each other (though my dad would still probably give it a damn good effort) so I figure the safest bet is to never have the two of them at a family function or only one dessert.

I've never made the infamous pie. I will have to remember to get my aunt to give me the recipe, but I did make a chocolate FUDGE pie for Easter that was a huge hit. I will definately be making this again (which is a good thing as it was the one thing I forgot to snap a picture of!)

Chocolate Fudge Pie
Inspiration taken from Paula Dean's recipe
Ingredients:
Pie Crust
3-4 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten (plus one with water for eggwash)

Directions:
Brush Pie crust with eggwash. In double boiler, melt chocolate and butter together, stirring gently until smooth. Turn off heat and add sugar. Stir until blended. Add eggs. stir until smooth. Pour the filling into pie crust and bake for 25 minutes (until just firm) in a 375 degree preheated oven. I topped with homemade sweetened whip cream and served chilled. EXCELLENT!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Who would have thought a Chocolate Pie could be so simple?

Here from Lady Bloggers.