Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Ina Gartens Cole Slaw

We attended a birthday party yesterday for my "nephew". ( I say that in italics because he's not really kinned to me but it's my BFF's boys so I call them nephews). Being a gracious Southern guest I asked if I could bring anything and it was suggested cole slaw to go with the grilled chicken and baked beans. Given that my BFF's family hail originally from the great Upstate New York, I figured this was the perfect opportunity to try out Ina Gartens coleslaw.

It was delicious! (and since I don't have access to my pictures right now, I used the picture on Food network!)

Cole Slaw
Ingredients
1 pound white cabbage (1/2 small head)
3/4 pound red cabbage (1/2 small head)
5 carrots
2 cups good mayonnaise
1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions
Fit a food processor with the thickest slicing blade. Cut the cabbages into small wedges and place horizontally into the feed tube. Process in batches. Next, fit the food processor with the grating blade. Cut the carrots in half and place in the feed tube so they are lying on their sides. Process in batches and mix in a bowl with the grated cabbages.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, celery salt, salt, and pepper. Pour enough of the dressing over the grated vegetables to moisten them (I used all of it-I'm southern, we like things DRENCHED/swimming in sauces and gravy LOL). Serve cold or at room temperature.

No comments: