Pages

Monday, May 24, 2010

Menu Monday

This weekend was a blur. We had a full day Saturday of walking around at the Dachshund Festival with our dogs. Despite the constant rain it was still a lot of fun. We spent way too much money but it benefits a Dachshund Rescue group so totally worth it. (I never thought I would have little dogs, but I love these two munchkins more than I can bear sometimes, despite their horrendous breath).

After the festival, we got a second wind and conquered quite a bit in the garden. The majority of the stakes are driven for the tomatoes and a start on the greenbean stakes. I dusted all the cabbage, broccoli, beans and greens because I’m at wits end with the bugs. The slugs, moths and bugs are mutilating my beautiful plants. Of course it rained after I did it so it did no good. I also got the one bed I had been working on last week de-weeded. It just needs a pass with the tiller and I can replant it with summer crops. Somehow after all of that, we found the energy to play the Wii.

I tell you this because what it meant for Sunday was a day of napping during the thunderstorms. We were exhausted. I don’t think our dogs moved off the sofa all day. When we did, they just stared at us with out the ability to even lift their heads. LOL So I made a quick pass at the grocery shopping without a plan. Never a good idea. So this weeks menu is less than spectacular. We will probably be dependent on a lot of leftovers as the few items I’m making make a TON of stuff. If all else fails I have chicken noodle soup (in the can, GASP) as back up. I broke down and bought deli turkey this week as well for sandwiches so we aren’t dependent solely on leftovers for lunches.

Menu

Multi Bean Soup


Spinach Lasagna

Spaghetti with Stuffed Meatballs

Home made Bread

Red Velvet Cupcakes (co-workers birthday)

MAYBE Strawberry Icecream

Orange Chocolate chip scones (for breakfasts)

No comments: