Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

I know. I'm MIA. I'm really not. I spent most of last week canning 21 quarts of tomatoes and stringing a gallon of green beans. We decided against putting in a fall garden due to personal reasons, so I'm just finishing up with whats planted and what my parents have given me. I'm starting to get it under control and hoping to be able to make some apple butter and pear preserves soon.

As far as cooking goes, I'm still in a rut. I'm fixing quick and tried and true favorites so there really is nothing to post. Fall is coming though. My favorite time of year for the food blog as I start to bake again and prepare for holiday dishes etc.

Up this week:

Goulash
Hamburgers
Baked chicken and Greenbean casserole
Biscuits, hashbrowns and eggs
Sweet potatoes with cinnamon and sugar
Sandwiches

2 comments:

Sharlene T. said...

Glad to see you're back... looking forward to the holiday fare... decided against a fall garden, as well... too many other things to do... come visit when you can...

Twitter: SolarChief

Redneck Rendering said...

Gonna sell any of them quarts of maters and preserves? I might be in the market. :) -Brent