Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Dillicious Potato Salad


For one my BFF's thirtieth birthday, I had to make sure the menu was not only easy, fun and fabulous but also GLUTEN FREE. To go with the beautiful weather I chose to make my Cheeseburgers on the grill. I pulled out a great Potato Salad recipe that only needed minor adjustments to be naturally gluten free. This recipe is from "Secrets of Fat-Free Cooking" by Sandra Woodruff, RD 1995. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SARAH!!

DILLICIOUS POTATO SALAD
Ingredients:
2 pounds unpeeled potatoes (about 6 medium/small) I like to use Red potatoes.
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed I always use one can of Early Peas
1/3 cup finely chopped carrot (my carrots were looking a bit yucky so I left this out this time...it definately needs this)
1/3 cup chopped onion
Dressing:
1/4 cup plus 2 tbs nonfat sour cream
1/4 cup plus 2 tbs nonfat or light mayonnaise (Use Regular Mayonnaise for Gluten Free as many Light/fat free mayo's have added gluten).
1 tbs lemon juice
1 tbs Dijon mustard (use French's Yellow mustard for Gluten Free recipes)
1/4 tsp ground white pepper (black works fine)
1 tbs finely chopped fresh dill or 1 tsp dried
This is a very simple easy recipe that is healthy and tasty. I have been making it for years and it is easy to adjust by adding in boiled eggs, more onions, etc. This is the basic recipe and is tried and true just as it is.

No comments: