Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

My Nod to FastFood

I try really hard not to eat Fast Food. My husband is a Fast Food junkie and for a long time I followed in his footsteps because it was convenient.

You know what though? The more I cook the less taste I have for it. I gave up on Pizza years ago. I'm not a pizza fan. I'm good with a gourmet pizza now and again or a home made concoction of gooey cheese but I am not a pizza person.

I did love Hardees but the past few times, I've noticed they have no flavor, just salt. I make a mean hamburger and Hardees just can not compare.

The one Fast Food that still holds my heart though? Subway. I know that I can always go in Subway and get a Grilled Chicken breast on Wheat with all the veggies my little heart desires and I don't even feel guilty!

Plus I watch them make it RIGHT there so I can truly get it my way.

I may be a little snotty about my cooking skills but I don't think I will ever go completely NO FAST FOOD...as long as there is Subway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. After I started cooking more and more, my husband and I both preferred to eat at home a lot more. And I'm not going to lie, it thrills me when he asks me to make something that he thinks I make better than a restaurant. :)