Pages

Monday, February 8, 2010

Stuffed New Potatoes

I found several new recipes that were pleasing to my husband...you know, the meat and potatoes guy? Well, ofcourse this was a potato recipe. He liked it so well, that he asked if I could add the potato filling back to the sauce and make it in BIG potatoes as twice baked. GO ME! I think this is a much better plan since using a tiny melon ball scooper to dig out baby Red potatoes was a pain in my ass anyway. But they sure were tasty (if a little messy since my filling was more like a sauce..whoops.)

*And I profusely apologize for my picture quality lately. They look good and then I download them and they are blurry. I don't know WHAT The deal is!

Stuffed New Potatoes

Ingredients:
5 oz softened cream cheese
1 lb New Red Potatoes
4 tbs butter, softened (mine was melted thus the liquidy texture)
1/3 cup whipping cream
1/8 tsp of garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:
Boil potatoes in salted water till tender. Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking process immediately and cool down enough to handle. Cut the tiniest sliver off the bottom so potatoes "stand up" and use a small melon ball scooper to scoop out the tops for filling.

With electric mixer combine the rest of your ingredients and whip till fluffy. Pour into a pastry bag or ziploc bag (twist and clip the end for a makeshift pastry bag)and pipe filling into potatoes. Chill.

YUM!

No comments: