Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Week 2-Menu

After last week's failure to complete the menu, I am pleased that this week has fewer National Foodie Days that I am compelled to attempt. I may even catch up on recipes to try from last week.

I did try to simplify the menu a tad this week as I overestimated my time to not only be able to cook the menu but then have time to blog about it daily. Hopefully this week will prove a little less stressful in that area, a little more organized and I won't have to wish for a snow day to catch up with!

National Foodie Week: PIZZA WEEK!

National Foodie Holidays:
Sunday: apricot day
Monday: Bittersweet Chocolate Day
Tuesday: Milk Day!
Saturday: Strawberry Icecream Day (WTF, it's the middle of winter people!)


Sunday: Healthy Shepherd's Pie

Monday: Homemade Pizza

Tuesday: Chicken Mozzerella Skillet (Kraft Family Recipes) with Spinach Salad

Wednesday: Steak, Baked Potatoes, Salad

Thursday: Spinach and Chicken Calzones

Friday: Leftovers or Eat Out

I have not planned all the way through as I need to clean out the freezer of leftovers etc. So I'm leaving one or two options open. The weekends tend to be the time when we blow the menu the most because we are out running errands or working on projects and are too tired to cook. So this week I'm going to play that portion by ear.

I also left plenty of room open to catch up on recipe posting, try some new things for the Foodie Holidays I missed. So I hope, you are getting into the New year with pizzazz, your routines are taking shape and you are sticking to those New year's Resolutions! Bon Apetit!

No comments: