Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Week 3 Menu Plans

This week, I'm feeling run down. Pregnancy will do that I hear, and this one is no exception. My son is wound up kicking me at night, keeping me up and then he sleeps during the day while I'm struggling to stay awake at my desk. Since we are also working on painting the nursery, re-organizing etc. I've decided to stick to some tried and true recipes that are easy to fix, provide plenty of leftovers for lunch and do not keep me in the kitchen for long periods of time.

Unfortunately, that means I will only have one or two new recipes to post this week but I do have links to the a few of the others if you haven't seen them before! (See, I'm nice like that.)

So enjoy this third week of the year as you are settling into routines, changing what hasn't worked and even slipping from those New Year's resolutions already. Yea, I know how that goes. ;)

National Foodie Holidays This week:
Sunday 16th: National Fig Newton Day and INTERNATIONAL Hot and Spicy Day
Monday 17th: Hot Buttered Rum Day
Tuesday 18th: Peking Duck Day
Wednesday 19th: National Popcorn Day
Thursday 20th: National Buttercrunch Day and National Cheese Lover's Day
Friday 21th: New England Clam Chowder Day
Saturday 22nd: Blonde Brownie Day

Menu:
Sunday: Turkey Bacon, SW Omelettes and Grits Casserole

Monday: Grilled steaks, Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing, Baked Potatoes

Tuesday: Momma's Chicken and Dumplins

Wednesday: Momma's Southern Goulash

Thursday: Baked Chicken Nacho's (recipe coming soon)

Friday: Baked French Toast with Homemade Apple Butter

Saturday: Quesidilla's

No comments: