Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Buttermilk Spice Cake

This recipe is not going to be counted as a failure but it did fall on me. I made it in a stoneware bundt pan and sure enough as it cooled, one side caved in or rather compacted. The taste was still phenomenal though, so I just sliced it up and poured the rich icing over it and off to my work party we went (the cake and I).

This is definately on the do over list but I think I will wait till next Christmas. This is a VERY rich cake with a warm gingerbread feel that I distinctly associate with Christmas.

Due to the fact that I forgot to take pictures as well as not changing anything about the recipe; I'm just providing the link as I'm sure neither The Food Network nor Mr. Emeril would appreciate it if I tried to pass it off as my own. LOL!

Buttermilk Spice Cake with Roasted Walnut Frosting

No comments: