Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Scratch Brownies

Another request from Stephen led me to create a from scratch brownie recipe. When I'm looking for a particular dish I have not made before, I turn to the internet. I look up several recipes and take what I want from each to create a base for the taste I'm after. You would think there would be a basic brownie recipe without having to do this but I had to keep in mind what ingredients I had in my pantry since I wasn't about to venture out in the ice/snow to get anything.

This recipe turned out great. Stephen declared it on par with Boxed brownies. It sounds like a smack in the face but coming from him is actually a complement. LOL I may never buy boxed brownies again because really, these aren't any more difficult than the boxed and would be super easy to package the mix in jars to keep on hand and give as gifts!

Scratch Brownies

Ingredients:
1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour (sifted)
2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup butter (softened)

Directions:
Grease a 13 x 9 pan and preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla. Mix dry ingredients together in sepearte bowl and add mix slowly to butter mixture. When mix is just moistened, fold in chocolate chips. Mix will be super thick.

Bake for about 45 minutes till toothpick comes out clean. Cool pan on wire rack.

I served with a quick topping of 1 cup cream, 1/8 cup confectioners sugar, 1 tbs cocoa powder and a dash of vanilla beat until peaks formed, but the brownies really do stand alone. Enjoy.

No comments: