Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Italianless: Butternut Squash Ravioli

I apparently do not have an Italian Bone in my Body. I know I shouldn't feel bad for messing up a recipe or not getting it right the first time around. If you don't ever mess up in the kitchen, then you aren't cooking enough. Having said that, its a blow to my ego.

Valentine gave me her Grandma Tulio's recipe for Butternut Squash Ravioli. I was so excited. I've never made home made pasta before! It Failed miserably. Between my pathetic Ravioli that leaked all their stuffing out in the water, to the sad attempt to turn into an edible Butternut Dumpling recipe just to see what the flavors were like. Somehow, it just didn't come together in a pleasant palate for me. Maybe I really don't have enough Italian in me. I like SWEET southern Butternut Squash recipes. My heritage is English, Germany and Irish with a little Native American thrown in for good measure. Meats, stews and Cakes...I've got you covered. Pasta, well, we need to work on that.



Sad isn't it?

No comments: