Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Maple Brown Sugar Cookies

After a very stressful evening, I jumped into my kitchen to experiment with some new recipes I'm toying with. I want a variety of cookies in my Holiday Tins this year and after much taste testing by my co-workers (such a hard life they lead around me) I think it is unanimous that this cookie should make it into the line-up. ENJOY!

Maple Brown Sugar Cookies

2 cups flour ( I use Self Rising which alleviates the need for the next two ingredients)

1 1/2 teaspoons bakingpowder

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

1/4 cup unsalted butter

1/4 cup shortening

1 cup sugar

3 tablespoons real maple syrup

1 egg

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tablespoonful of cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Stir together the dry ingredients and set aside. Sitr together the 2 tablespoons cinnamon, and 1/2 cup brown sugar and set aside.

Cream the butter and shortening. Add the sugar and the syrup and beat until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat well. Mix in the dry ingredients.

Roll into 1" balls and roll the balls in the brown sugar/ cinnamon mixture. Place on greased baking sheet. Bake for approx. 10-12 minutes. Cookies should soft (almost underdone) when you take them out to give them a nice crisp outside and slightly chewy inside. Makes about 30 cookies.

No comments: