Pages

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Just Desserts

I DVR'd a lifetime movie awhile back and just got around to watching it.

Synopsis: a Very young Lauren Holly teams up with an Italian pastry chef from the Bronx with attitude to enter the Golden Whisk contest for the "cooking channel." Can we say spin off of Food Network's Challenge? Ofcourse they fall in love, beat the enemy (a poser french chef who is really an American), yadda yadda yadda.

You can see the plot a mile away but it was still a cute movie. I'm obsessed with cooking movies. Anything to do with cooking, I want to watch it. They rarely give you any hints but I love watching people cook and seeing what dishes I may want to try. One of these days I will try my hand at pastry. Until then, I will enjoy the Food Network Challenges and movies about pastry.

If you happen to catch this movie though, its worth turning on while you fold laundry and dream about what you will cook next.

No comments: