Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Stuffed Pork chops

Pork chops were on sale this week! So like the good Eastern European girl I am, I am going to stuff them with bread and fat and have a wonderful meal.
For the stuffing;
If you choose, you may certainly use a pre made stuffing.
I had some beautifully stale sourdough bread in my fridge just begging to be made into stuffing. So I cubed it up and put it in a cake pan with some olive oil and a handful of herbs and salt and pepper and into the oven it went to toast up all yummy-like. As soon as I could smell it upstairs I came-a-running and poured some chicken stock over the top of it to soften up the pieces. Why, you ask, put it in the oven to toast up then? Because Brown = Flavor.
Then, to your pork chops. Butterfly those bad boys. Meaning what? You ask. Slice their thickness in half, but not all the way through. So they open up like butterfly wings and you have a nice pocket for which to put that tasty stuffing.
Pack the stuffing in tightly. You don't want it to fall out when they are baking. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 155 degrees and then let them sit for 10 minutes for the carryover cooking to happen (the temp should be at 160 in the end).

No comments: