Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Black and White Pound Cake

I originally came across this post on a Nestie Blog, but it came from Cooking Light. I made a few changes to it. Posted beside the original recipe. I thought it was a heavy texture and a little dry for my tastes, but it was good and the guys at DH's work RAVED about it and asked me to make another one! So I probably will ;)





Black & White Pound Cake (Cooking Light)

Cooking spray (didn't need-see below)
3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs ( I left it out completely!)
3 cups all-purpose flour ( I use Self-Rising Flour so you leave out the salt and baking powder)
1 teaspoon baking powder (left out)
1/4 teaspoon salt (left out)
3/4 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large eggs
1 cup 2% reduced-fat milk (I used vitamin D milk as that is what I had on hand)
3/4 cup chocolate syrup
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
Preheat oven to 350°.

Coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray; (I used a Pampered Chef Stone Bundt pan so I did n't use cooking spray) dust with breadcrumbs.
Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl, and stir well with a whisk. Beat the butter in a large bowl at medium speed of a mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add the granulated sugar and vanilla, beating until well-blended. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with milk, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with the flour mixture.

Spoon two-thirds of batter (about 4 cups) into prepared pan. Add syrup and baking soda to remaining batter in bowl, stirring just until blended; spoon on top of batter.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Sift cocoa over top of cake.

No comments: