Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Cheeseburger Meatloaf

Cheeseburger Meatloaf
-1 lb lean ground beef (I used 11% I believe and used 1 1/2lbs)
-1 cup finely chopped onion (and 3 1/4" thick slices, for topping)
-1/2 c quick cooking oats
-2 tbsp milk (recipe called for whole, but you can use skim)
-1 large egg, lightly beaten
-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I used Mexican Blend shredded)
-1 tbsp ketchup (I used 2 tbsp of condiments)
-1 tbsp mayonnaise
-1 tbsp yellow mustard
-1 tbsp pickle relish ( I skipped this)
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/4 tsp pepper
I added two tbsp real bacon bits


Preheat oven to 350. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (except for onion slices). Pat mixture down in a lightly oiled 9x5 loaf pan( I did not oil it as I knew the extra fat in the meatloaf would be plenty to keep it from sticking). Top with onion slices, keeping them intact. Bake until firm--about 1 hour. (Because I used higher fat meat, I drained the grease off at the end and it firmed up more). Makes 6 servings..

No comments: