Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pizza Bites/Balls

I can't remember where I found this recipe but here it is. These were okay. My husband didn't care for them. To me they were okay. I actually liked the contrast between the sweeter crescent roll and the spicy pepperoni....it was the cream cheese that threw it off a bit.....but I think maybe I should just add more pepperoni. And actually, I had the leftovers the next day and they were even better....so my suggestion...if you decide to try this one....Make your pepperoni/cream cheese mixture ahead of time...and refridgerate so flavors blend better.. then make them. The upside is they are super easy and make quite a few so its a great quick appetizer for a casual party or an indulgence for movie night with the family.
Ingredients:

2 packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls

1 package cream cheese

1 package Hormel sliced pepperoni (or any brand)

Directions:Take out the crescent rolls, and separate into the individual triangles. Flatten each triangle and slice it so that it becomes three small triangles. Dice or chop your pepperoni (I used an electric chopper). Mix the pepperoni into the cream cheese, stir very well so all of the pepperoni pieces are mixed into the cream cheese. Take a little spoonful of your cream cheese/pepperoni mixture and put it in the middle of one of your crescent rolls triangles. Pinch up all of the sides around the filling. Repeat and place them all on a cookie sheet or a baking stone. Bake for the amount of time stated on the crescent rolls (usually 12-16 minutes at 350) Let cool.

No comments: