Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Breakfast Casserole

I found this recipe on someone's blog (again, I can't remember who but I think it was one of the NC girls, McJamie maybe?) The original recipe makes "sausage cupcakes", but as I only have a 6 muffin tin and a minimuffing tin, I decided to change it up a bit and it worked really well as a quick dinner entree.

Ingredients
1 can of grands biscuits
4 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper to taste
6 oz Neese's sausage
1 cup of Mexican blend Cheese (I always use this instead of plain cheddar or colby or mozzerella)
Place biscuits in a stone or cast iron dish (I use the Pampered chef deep dish baker)Heat sausage and chop into small pieces, add egg(with salt and pepper added) till almost set. Pour over biscuits. Spread shredded cheese over top. Bake at 400 for approx 25 minutes.

To make the original "muffins" place one biscuit and a small amount of mixture and cheese into each tin (need to grease tins before biscuits) and bake for 11 to 13 minutes.

1 comment:

morninglight mama said...

I stumbled upon this post after google searching for an egg casserole using grands biscuits. My hubby and I really enjoyed this for breakfast this morning! Thanks for sharing!