Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Chicken Tettrazini

In my quest to expand our palate, as even I, gourmet goddess that I am, get in a rut, I came across a dish that my human garbage disposal (aka husband) wouldn't touch. I had no idea he did not like tettrazini. I'm not quite sure he knew as he had no idea what the dish was. Alas, he took a bite and put it down. I felt so bad that I even offered to make him something else. Needless to say, I was really worried about taking a bite. What did I do wrong? Nothing. It actually was perfectly fine. Apparently he just is not a tettrazini type of guy. Ode to the steak and potatoes. Anyway, while this recipe will not be a repeat for us, it is not a bad recipe at all, just make sure your family or friends knows and appreciates tettrazini.
Chicken Tetrazzini (Southern Living)

3 cups chopped cooked chicken
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
(10-ounce) container refrigerated Alfredo sauce
1 (3 1/2-ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
7 ounces vermicelli, cooked
Stir together chicken, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and next 7 ingredients; stir in pasta. Spoon mixture into 6 lightly greased 6-ounce baking dishes or an 11- x 7-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese

Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated. The only changes I made: I used Classico Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo Sauce and 1/4 cup Blush Wine instead of dry sherry (it was already open) but turned out fine. What I wish I had done and what I suggest to you should you choose to accept the challenge: mix the 1/2 cup of shredded pamesan with a 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and then top before baking also maybe add some finely chopped/sliced celery to the dish and it would have been perfect!!

No comments: