Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Cream Cheese Pumpkin Bread


So I had this HUGE pumpkin my dad had given me sitting on my counter taunting me for about two weeks. This past weekend I finally broke down and cooked it...now I have tons of pumpkin....so while surfing the blogs from thenest What's Cooking board I found Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin recipe (can't remember exactly which blog I got it from though..I do apologize)...decided to give it a try. Well, I only have a six muffin pan so I ended up using the rest of the batter and making it into a loaf, which worked really well. Also a note on the muffins, I filled the cups to full and they ran over....thus they look more like Smurf huts then muffins..LOL Enjoy.




Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins (or Loaf)
8 ounces cream cheese
3 eggs
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup pecans, roughly chopped (I did not use these as I'm not fond of nuts)
3 tablespoons butter, melted
2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder (left this out as I use Self Rising Flour)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda (left this out as I use Self Rising Flour)
1 1/4 cups solid-packed pumpkin
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Heat oven to 375° F. Lightly coat two 12-cup standard muffin tins with oil and set aside. Mix the cream cheese, 1 egg, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl and set aside. Toss 5 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 cup flour, pecans, butter, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon together in a medium bowl and set aside. Combine the remaining sugar, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and remaining cinnamon in a large bowl. Lightly beat the remaining eggs, pumpkin, oil, and vanilla together in a medium bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture, pour the pumpkin mixture into the well, and mix with a fork just until moistened. Evenly divide half of the batter among the muffin cups. Place two teaspoonfuls of cream cheese filling in the center of each cup and fill with the remaining batter. Sprinkle some of the pecan mixture over the top of each muffin and bake until golden and a tester, inserted into the muffin center, comes out clean -- 20 to 25 minutes. (if you use a loaf pan like I did, it takes about 30 minutes longer)






No comments: