Pages

Friday, February 8, 2008

White Chicken Lasagna

Okay...so this is a recipe I made up. Yes..I made it up completely. Several years ago, I was trying to mimic something from a restaurant....so I started playing around and through complete error, this recipe was invented. For YEARS, I've been asked for this recipe but I never write it down....so I wrote it down this time. It's not exact ( I never measure on my own creations) but it's close...make it, experiment with it, make it your own. This is a VERY RICH recipe...you will not want large servings. Pairs great with salad and garlic bread. Also, It makes a large lasagna so its great to share or for leftovers. I hope you enjoy and please feel free to leave me comments.

1 cut up whole chicken with skin or three large chicken breasts with bone and skin (boil and save broth)
1 1/2 cups of the chicken broth (your base)
2 blocks of Cream cheese (16 0z)
2 tbs butter
1 medium onion (minced/finely chopped)
1 1/2 tbs garlic (I used the minced in a jar)
(DRIED Seasonings)
1 tbs parsley
1/2 tbs oregeno
1 tbs Italian Seasoning
Dash Basil
Dash Rosemary
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 can of Mushrooms
1 can Green Peas (or drained spinach works well)
1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
2 cups of Mozzerella (this time I used a blend so the lasagna isn't completely white in the pics...LOL)
8-12 lasagna noodles (cooked)

Remove skin and bones from chicken and chop or shred chicken meat. Over medium heat start with your chicken broth and melt butter into it, add garlic and onion, stirring constantly slowly add in all of your seasonings, keep stirring and add in your cream cheese STIR CONSTANTLY as this melts in (I use a whisk). once cheese is melted ad in creamed soup (keep whisking till smooth), add in your mushrooms, greenpeas(or spinach) and shredded/cubed chicken. Sauce pictured HERE:




In lasagna pan of your choice (for this recipe I prefer glass) layer sauce, noodles, sprinkle of cheese atleast twice...finish with sauce and a sprinkle of cheese....bake at 375 for 30 minutes (55 if you use the Oven ready lasagna noodles which I do not like with this). Serve and enjoy (this will not set up as well as normal lasagna because of the cheese sauce.

1 comment:

Fat Celiac said...

I have had the immense pleasure of tasting Krista's White Lasagna, and I can say without a doubt, it is DELICIOUS! Now I finally have the recipe, so I can try it out myself. Yummy!