Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Fried Potatoes and Beef Roast Dinner

This is a traditional southern dinner in our house. Quick and Easy. Roast beef with veggies and Fried Potatoes.




FRIED POTATOES


One of my DH's Favorite foods, and the one thing that he requests almost everyday. This is great because you can make as much or as little as you need.





Wash and peel potatoes (Baking Potatoes and White Potatoes work best)

Slice into 1/4 inch thick slices

Heat Olive Oil (light layer to cover the bottom approx 2 tbs) in skillet


Place potatoes in a single layer, sprinkle with salt and pepper and drizzle OO over top

Cover and cook on medium to high approx 4 minutes

Flip slices over, recover and cook another 4 minutes or until tender (cook longer for a crispier potato.

Drain on papertowel and serve hot. I like them plain or with ketchup!








ROAST BEEF with Veggies


Beef Roast (size of your choice)
Place in crockpot with a package of French Onion Soup Mix, a can of Cream of Mushroom Soup and fill with water until it covers meat. Cook on low several hours (atleast 5). I like to put it in before I go to work or at lunch, and its done when I get home.









When you get home add thawed veggies of your choice. I used greenbeans from my garden that I thawed from my freezer (already cooked), a can of carrot coins, and a can of mushrooms. Let these cook with the beef while you make the potatoes. Occasionally I will add potato chuncks directly to the roast with the veggies, but DH prefers them fried. You can do it either way. ENJOY!

No comments: